50 topics. 50 weeks. Are you in? Let’s do this!
Well, hello there, 2014. So I’ve been musing on what direction this blog will be heading to this year. In my January 1 post, I said I would be starting a happiness project. True, I’ll definitely be doing that, but I won’t be posting my resolutions and progress reports here. And though I am keeping a virtual happiness box, that would be for my personal use, to be opened on days when I need something to make me feel un-blue.
I want to work on some other writing projects, too. There’s the one with the rewrites. And there’s one where I’ll be chronicling my almost-five-years-but-still-counting-stay in Malaysia. Wow, I’d have stayed here for five years this coming June!
So what will happen to http://www.mariscribbles.com?
It will still be around. I’ll still be working on it harder than ever.
And with that, I present to you The 50-Week Writing Challenge.
No, I am not going to list down all the 50 topics here.
I will post them by groups of five, though. And I will be posting my response for each challenge every Wednesday, same time, same place, here in your favorite TV — er, Internet? — station. All the topics are coming from http://writingexercises.co.uk ‘s topic generator, by the way.
So for the first five:
- Subject: Write a letter to yourself aged sixteen
- First Line: “It was broken, but she was determined to fix…”
- Dialogue: “For some reason, I’m attracted to you.”
- Scenario: Every day at the station, you see someone you’re attracted to, How would you go about getting yourself noticed?
- Title: What Lies Beyond The Garden Fence
Game? Let’s get it on!