I am mushy, cheesy, and am a huge fan of sweet things so forgive me for this saccharine-filled post. If you’re a fan of ooey goey music, this post is for you. If not, you can come back on Friday or Saturday. By then, I’ll probably be over this very acute sugar shock.
I’m listening to the musical duo US’ debut album. Last December, a friend who knew I liked “cutie patootie” music sent me the YouTube links to two of the songs from the album — I clicked on the links and I was instantly hooked.
I like US. US is made up of husband and wife Michael Alvarado and Carissa Rae. I’m a big fan of husband and wife musical team ups, you see. Of course the duo’s music is really good, too. I particularly like their self-titled album because it’s a good soundtrack for people who have been/are in/will be in long distance relationships.
Favourite tracks: ALL. Thus I shall just highlight my favourite lyrics from the 10 songs included in the album.
- Never gonna leave you – “I’m the kind of guy who wants to show you why love can conquer all / Don’t be worried don’t be scared / Just know that I’ll be there”
- Before we go – “Before we go far away I should say / Before we go far away I should say this / Before we go far away I should say that I’m in love…”
- Close to You – “I can never have enough of you / In every little thing you do I just wanna be close / I just wanna be close to you”
- Fall Asleep – “I just wanna fall asleep / I just wanna fall asleep / I just wanna fall asleep inside your arms”
- Girl in L.A. – “The one I love’s in California / What can I say / I’m in love with a girl in LA”
- Missin’ You Like Crazy – “Just me and my mornin’ coffee / thinking about how you’ve got me inside your heart / Wherever you are”
- I Will Wait for You – “No one can choose who they fall for / Or when they fall / Or how they fall / or why / I, well I fell for you and I must wait / It’s only a matter of time”
- Make You Love Me – “Do I have to go away to make you love me?”
- Near or Far – “I’m here you’re there but my love is with you everywhere”
- Take Me Home – “Home for me is where you are”
So. Much. Cheese.
But hey. Let’s all have a cheese sandwich together. Check their music out! You can purchase their album from iTunes or from their bandcamp page if their music strikes your fancy.
And now, a YT vid: