On the 11th day of Christmas my true love gave to me… 11 pipers piping!
Yes, we can sing about those 11 pipers now. 11 months have pirouetted past our eyes and now we’ve only one more piece to play before the year ends. It’s strange. There were instances this 2012 when the days just seemed to drag until forever. But now that we’re here — now that December is here —
Gosh. I can’t believe we’re nearly at the end of this year’s song.
But the pipers will play on. But — for now — let me share to you those riffs that had made up my year’s tune.
- January: I went back to writing after 11 weeks of blogging silence. I started a 30 Day challenge, determined that I would finish it even if it wouldn’t take me 30 Days.
- February: I saw elephants. And fireflies. And I got to sing “Old McDonald” with little kids. In Malay.
- March: I learned to “turn up the music”.
- April: A Stevie Wonder song painted a smile on my face and made my 24th birthday sweet and, well, lovely.
- May: I ended my days of chasing train tracks and got myself a faithful companion who would keep me company in the days, months, and years to come.
- June: Sabay-sabay na ulan.
- July: I went home for a 4-day visit. One of my cousins tied the knot and I got to witness one of the most touching bridal marches ever. Oh, and I got to sing Marie Digby’s “I do” for the bride and groom, too.
- August: I traveled to Vietnam. :)
- September: A dear friend from UPLB changed address and flew over here, to Malaysia.
- October: I witnessed seeing changed lives again — in Destiny Singapore’s Encounter 14.
- November: Twas a month of thanksgiving. I flew over to the Philippines for 3-and-a-half days, saw UPLB again after 2 years, and celebrated with friends and family — baby showers, bridal showers, family days and conferences, anyone? Then I flew back to Malaysia to give glory to God in a celebration of our own.
So there you go. And, as fast as those 11 pipers have been piping, 10 lords would soon go a leaping. So love life. Cherish the moments. Get every bit of lesson you can get.
Oh! And don’t forget that December will also have some highlights of its own.