“For sweet kisses and warm hugs.”
I’m guessing it’s already very chilly now in La Trinidad, my hometown. The Salad Bowl must be already experiencing the perfect bonfire weather. I can almost feel the warmth of those orange-yellow flames. I can almost taste the gooey sweetness of toasted marshmallows, the juiciness of the sausages and barbecues my aunts and uncles love to grill. But since I’m not going home this December, I guess I’ll be missing out on our annual Noche Buena and Media Noche traditions. I won’t be seeing any bonfires this 2012.
I will be in Malaysia. Working on the 24th (which is a Monday) and on the 31st (also a Monday) because I have no more leaves left. Oh well. I’m not turning into Ebenezer Scrooge just because of this though.
Instead, I’m going to give out some sweet kisses and warm hugs to all of you reading this blog.
Let’s start another project/challenge now, shall we? One that will look back at the year that was. One that will look forward to the one that is to come. One that will spread warm and fuzzy feelings all around. In the span of 12 blog entries. Anyone want to sing a round of “12 Days of Christmas” with me?
- 12 Drummers Drummin: 12 lessons you’ve learned from 2012.
- 11 Pipers Piping: 11 highlights from each of the 11 months that have passed.
- 10 Lords-a-leaping: 10 men who have made a significant impact on your life this year.
- 9 Ladies Dancing: 9 women who have made a significant impact on your life this year.
- 8 Maids-a-milking: 8 songs about 2012.
- 7 Swans-a-swimming: 7 books you’ve read and loved.
- 6 Geese-a-laying: 6 photos that made/make you smile.
- 5 Gold Rings: 5 things you are grateful for.
- 4 Colly Birds: 4 new places you want to go to this coming year.
- 3 French Hens: 3 “wishes” for 2013.
- 2 Turtle Doves: 2 new things you want to do this coming year.
- A partridge in a pear tree: Paint a picture of your 2013.
I’m copyrighting this challenge (hehe) so let me know if you want to take it on, too.
So, December — are you ready? Let’s leak out some love. ;)